The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has published further guidance and updates in relation to supplying medicines and medical devices after the end of the transition period.
The updated guidance on medical devices includes new information surrounding Northern Ireland (NI).
The following guidances on medicines have also been updated:
- Sourcing medicines for the Great Britain market from an approved country for import or Northern Ireland from 1 January 2021
- Importing investigational medicinal products into Great Britain from approved countries from 1 January 2021
- Acting as an Responsible Person from 1 January 2021
- Supplying medicines to Northern Ireland from 1 January 2021
- Importing a human medicine
- Procedures for UK Paediatric Investigation Plan (PIPs) from 1 January 2021
In a letter to the industry, the MHRA has also provided guidance on post-transition conversion of Community Marketing Authorisations to Great Britain Marketing Authorisations.
Additionally, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has published updated guidance on the reporting requirements for medicines shortages and discontinuations. Click here to view this guidance.
Further guidance and updates from the MHRA is planned over the coming weeks.